School of Rock – Day 11 – Collaboration and Growth – Part 1

SUMMARY

Does learning guitar interest you? If so, check out my blog!

LEADERSHIP ACTIVITY

My goal for my project today is to continue practicing the song and increasing the tempo and accuracy.

PRACTICE ROOM (GUITAR LESSONS)

Justin’s 117 Free Lessons YouTube Playlist

How to Practice Guitar Chords: Exercises, Tips, and Advice

These resources helped me practice guitar. I practiced some more chords and tried memorizing some chords more. So far I have C, E, Em, and A memorized.

CLASSROOM (THEORY & ANALYSIS)

I listened to Episode 80[Bojack Horseman] and I really enjoyed it. I really never knew much about the song and such. I didn’t even know who created it, I always thought it was really cool though. So I really enjoyed listening to it.

I listened to Episode 102[Gorillaz] and found it really intriguing. I never knew this kind of stuff about this song. I find it really fun to listen to these podcasts and learn about what goes into making these songs.

OUTSIDE (CREATIVITY & THE BRAIN)

While watching this video I realized even more that everyone is different and the average isn’t for everyone. I wish they would try to cater to all situations. I honestly hadn’t thought much about different types of motivation. I am more like the wind type so hearing that advice to rotate between things and that it’s okay.

STUDIO (SONGWRITING)

I used to this video to experiment more and learn more about the things there are in the guitar world. I never knew power chords were a thing and they are so interesting. They could be used in so many interesting ways.

CONTROL ROOM (RECORDING & MIXING)

In the control room I focused on trying to create a short song. I’m also practicing with trying to use other features.

WHAT I LEARNED and PROBLEMS I SOLVED

I learned more about the guitar and power chords and such. I also learned a bit about some of my favorite songs and such. Then I messed around in SoundTrap to try to create something which actually was kind of successful.

TODAY’s ACTIVITY EVALUATION

Content (The WHAT)

Rating: OK  – 1 – 2 – 3 – 4 – 5  – HIGHLY ENGAGED

Rating: 5

The guitar stuff such as the power chord video

Process (The HOW)

Rating: 5

I really enjoyed listening to the episodes in Song Exploder