School of Rock – Day 10 – Community

SUMMARY

Do you want to learn about creating music and how to play guitar better? Take a look at my blog and you’ll find out more!

LEADERSHIP ACTIVITY

Today I hope to increase the tempo while playing the song. I also hope to get better at transitioning from note to note.

PRACTICE ROOM (GUITAR LESSONS)

How to Practice Guitar Chords: Exercises, Tips, and Advice

Some things I learned was not too play too hard when playing guitar because sometimes I do that which makes it hard to transition. You can also learn scales which I didn’t know before. Playing with others also help because you learn from them. After watching the video I moved onto practicing chords and guitar in general.

CLASSROOM (THEORY & ANALYSIS)

SongExploder .net 

I listened to Episode 208[Girl in Red] on Song Exploder. I learned a lot about why she decided to write this song and honestly this song is different from most of her music. I really enjoyed hearing her talk about this song because I believe it’s really underated.

I listened to Episode 83[Mitski] on Song Exploder. I really enjoyed learning more about what her song deeply meant. I love learning more things about the artist and their songs and the process.

OUTSIDE (CREATIVITY & THE BRAIN)

This podcast helped me think more about how deliberate practice helps. Honestly something that I want to work on more for like 1 hour a day is singing.

STUDIO (SONGWRITING)

I really thought these videos were really helpful because I struggle with songwriting so these videos helped me get closer to songwriting. These gave me good ideas of how to get better at songwriting.

WHAT I LEARNED and PROBLEMS I SOLVED

I learned more about how artists create their music, I really struggle with songwriting and such. Overall today was mostly about practicing guitar and learning how to song write better.

TODAY’s ACTIVITY EVALUATION

Content (The WHAT)

Rating: OK  – 1 – 2 – 3 – 4 – 5  – HIGHLY ENGAGED

Rating: 5

Learning about music is created by artists

Process (The HOW)

Rating: 5

The Song Exploder website really had me engaged