School of Rock – Day 8 – Leadership

SUMMARY

Does learning about how music works and songwriting interest you? Then this is the right blog for you!

CLASSROOM (THEORY & ANALYSIS)

Seeing songs that I enjoy being pulled apart piece by piece and getting to see what makes the song how it is was really interesting! I enjoyed just seeing how everything goes together.

PRACTICE ROOM (GUITAR LESSONS)

Some things that these videos taught me were that I should slow down and try to focus on the basics which are really hard for me. I notice that I often rush things when learning new things, like an instrument. I just need to slow down. And also I learned some hand stretches to help me.

STUDIO (SONGWRITING)

As someone who struggles with writing lyrics when wanting to write a song, these videos really helped. These videos have helped me learn new ways to write and such.

CONTROL ROOM (RECORDING & MIXING)

After watching these videos I feel like I better understand Sound Trap now. And I’ve learned about more features in Sound Trap that I didn’t know before.

WHAT I LEARNED and PROBLEMS I SOLVED

I learned a lot about how different artists create their music which is really mindblowing because I never thought about it before. I also got some practice in guitar in which helped.

TODAY’s ACTIVITY EVALUATION

Content (The WHAT)

Rating: OK  – 1 – 2 – 3 – 4 – 5  – HIGHLY ENGAGED

Rating: 5

What interested me was that it could really help improve my music skills.

Process (The HOW)

Rating: 5

The activities that engaged me the most were songwriting and guitar stuff, they both are things I’m highly interested in improving.